BiTastic is committed to being accessible to as many people as possible. If there is anything we can do to make the day more accessible to you we very much want to hear about it and will always prioritise access.
Every year we will
- Chose our venue using to be as accessible as possible to people with both visible and invisible disabilities including considerations of physical access, room layout, lighting, noise and other disturbances, quieter spaces, and public and private transport including parking.
- Produce a detailed access report for each venue including directions to get there.
- Make sure that gender neutral toilets are available, and are separate from the accessible toilets.
- Do our best to help with travel costs, especially for people with access needs.
- Have priority registration for people with access needs.
- Have some seating reserved for people with access needs.
- Have a rest and quieter space area.
- Any handouts or printed information provided by workshops can be made available in large print and/or on coloured paper and/or made available digitally.
- All signs and posters for the event will be in large print.
- Use microphones and induction loops where possible.
- Book BSL interpreters well in advance (you will need to book these in advance as we may cancel them if there is no demand).
- You will be able to note when you are booking if you have any access, language or dietary requirements that you would like us to take note of and we will do our best to meet your needs.