Bitastic is committed to being accessible to as many people as possible. If there is anything we can do to make the day more accessible to you we very much want to hear about it and will always prioritise access. Some things we do for online content are:
- Asking people to speak one at a time in sessions and mute themselves when not speaking
- Have AI captioning in all Zoom sessions
- Have closed-captions in as many sessions as possible – please email us if you need this
- Offer any slides and handouts in advance for those that need them
Bitastic 2022 venue access guide
Venue address: 40 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JX
You can access an interactive map of the access from the St Patrick Square bus stop here, with the photos below included.
If you approach from St Patrick Square / Nicholson Street, pass through the gate, cross Buccleuch Street, continue ahead along Buccleuch Place, then turn right at the first corner onto Windmill Lane. From there the venue entrance is visible on the left side of the stairs.
- There is plenty of open space in all areas.
- Double doors throughout main space
- Extra wide doors to workshop spaces – 86cm
- Accessible toilets are located directly opposite the refreshments area and workshop spaces – distance from entrance approx. 25m.
- All toilets will be gender neutral.
- Some chairs will be removed to create extra space.
- All rooms have step-free access and hearing loop. Microphones can be used in the larger space.
- All workshop rooms are close by and next to the refreshments area and toilets.
- Quieter spaces are available at the opposite end of the space to the workshops in the form of booths.