Code of Conduct
BiTastic should be a fun, safe and inclusive space for all. We therefore ask all participants, including workshop facilitators and organisers to follow a code of conduct. By booking for BiTastic you are agreeing to follow this.
Everyone is welcome at BiTastic. We aim for this event to be a safer space for all attendees, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, intersex variations, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or faith.
Please avoid making assumptions or negative comments about others and respect people’s genders. If you are unsure of what pronoun (eg: he, she, they) to use, check if they have put their pronoun in their on screen name or ask.
Please remember that each person is at a different stage of awareness about various issues and do not assume that people are being malicious if something goes wrong. Correct them when necessary or report any issues to the organisers.
- Everyone at BiTastic has the right to say no to any activity at any stage. This includes any kind of chat, participation in activities or discussions, disclosing personal information, or discussing any topic.
- Please ask before Direct Messaging anyone. If they refuse don’t ask them again, and if someone asks you to leave them alone, do so.
- If a session or activity is not working for you, remember that you are always free to leave and have a break, or join the general chat on our Discord channels.
Privacy & Confidentiality
- Please respect people’s privacy.
- Do not record, screenshot or copy any of the content or chat from BiTastic sessions or Discord.
- Everything shared within session spaces, with the exception of information provided by the facilitator, should be treated as completely confidential and not discussed outside of the space without permission. This includes all social media, message boards and forums.
- When interacting in online social spaces, be mindful of what personal information you reveal about yourself and others.
Discrimination & Stereotyping
BiTastic should be a safe space for all attendees, regardless of their ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, age, relationship type or lifestyle. Bigoted behaviour of any kind will not be tolerated.
Don’t make comments or assumptions, or stereotype people on the basis of their skin colour, physical features, race, accent, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, age, relationship type or lifestyle.
BiTastic aims to be accessible and welcoming to everyone, whatever their access needs. Participants can help with this by:
- Respect requests that will help make BiTastic more accessible, such as speaking one at a time.
- Remember you don’t know by looking how able or not someone is
- Don’t offer medical or alternative therapy advice
- Don’t ask intrusive questions like ‘What’s wrong with you?’
No alcohol is allowed at BiTastic except in specific social sessions which will be clearly labelled. No one who is visibly drunk will be allowed entry.
This year BiTastic is for over 18s only. This is because of the rules imposed by some of the apps we’re using and the difficulty in moderating online content.
Support & Feedback
Should you feel that a behaviour breaks this Code of Conduct, you may speak directly to the people involved and/or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org (this address will not be checked during the event.)
Breaches of this Code of Conduct or reasonable requests will, in most cases, be met with a warning from a member of the organising team.
If warnings are ignored, or in the event of serious misconduct, we reserve the right to ask anyone to leave all or part of BiTastic.
The organising team decision is final.